A chemo mechanical agent for removal of caries
CARIE-CARE is an enzyme based gel formulation for non invasive and non traumatic removal of the debris in dental caries. The Chemo-mechanical caries removal technique involves the application of chemical agents, to cause a selective softening of carious dentine and facilitate removal by gentle excavation. CARIE-CARE has an endoprotein as its main active ingredient. The gel has bactericidal and disinfectant properties, food grade dye for localization, water and salts. The presence of a natural anti-inflammatory compound provides an added advantage in the chemo mechanical caries removal. The product can be effectively used in restorative dental procedures.
How to use demonstration video
- Chemo mechanical agent for removal of caries
- Selective Enzyme based natural product
- Anti inflammatory & anti bacterial
- Tested by multiple dental colleges in India
- Unique product for Indian market
- Patent applied
Papaya extract in Carie -Care ™ breaks peptide bonds involves deprotonation (Deprotonation is the removal of a proton (H+) from a molecule, forming the conjugate base.) of Cys-25 by His-159. Asparagine-175 helps to orient the imidazole ring of His-159 to allow this deprotonation to take place. Cys-25 then performs a nucleophilic attack on the carbonyl carbon of a peptide backbone. This frees the amino terminal of the peptide, and forms a covalent acyl-enzyme intermediate. The enzyme is then deacylated by a water molecule, and releases the carboxy terminal portion of the peptide.
- Hold the syringe with their openings upwards and remove the cork.
- Dispense the required amount of gel from syringe directly to the cavity or to a suitable sterile container later applied by applicator instrument used routinely in clinics
- Apply Carie-Care gel to the carious dentine generously and soak the caries
- Wait for about 60 seconds or more if tooth is extensively cavitated , allow the chemical reaction to soften the caries
- Remove the gel with a moistened cotton pellet and rinse the mouth
- Scrape off the remaining softened carious dentine with suitable instrument depending on position and accessibility to the cavity
- Check whether cavity is free of caries if it is not, apply new gel and continue scraping
- If necessary drill is used to adjust periphery and restore tooth with suitable filling material